Visit our local Children’s Garden
- Magnuson Children’s Garden – The Children’s Garden is part of the Magnuson Community Garden, located inside Warren G. Magnuson Park. Come visit or volunteer. We are located behind the Magnuson Brig building at 6344 NE 7t4th St., Seattle WA 98115. The Magnuson Nature Programs new website has information about our nature programs, spring and summer camps and classes and volunteer opportunities. Check it out!
Learning can be fun
- WSU MG Teaching Kits – Interactive environmental education in a box for youth and adults of all ages.
- Power Plants – Norfolk’s Botanical Website that offers a spoon full of sugar with their lessons. Super site for teachers and kids
- Play with Plants – Try this out!! A kid’s look at the inside parts of a plant.
- Ideas and Gardening Projects for Kids – Gardening-related curriculum and learning activities for kids.
- Everything you need to start a school based garden – The School Garden Wizard offers ideas on gardening and plant-based learning.
- Rebel Tomato – Learn how to grow your own food in your community.
MG Children Gardening
- Whatcom County Children Story Garden – Watch a slide show of Whatcom’s children story garden.
More Teaching Resources
- Plant Parts with a Purpose – Match plant parts to their definitions.
- Animal Habitats and Niches – Engage students in learning about Habitats and Ecosystems.
- A Day Without Natural Resources – Include students in an examination of our natural resources.
- Engineering an Ecosystem – Help students understand what an ecosystem is and what it contains.
- Shopping for Natural Resources – Students learn to identify what natural resources are used in products.
- Power Plants – Online activities – Learn about the power of plants and their impact on almost every living creature.