Plant look anemic?
Peas look more “pooped” than “proud”?
Need to channel Florence Nightingale or need the closest plant “911” number?
Then welcome – you are in the right place.
Plant “911”- Where to look or email for questions about your sick plant.
- Need advise from a Master Gardener? Email: Ask-A-Mastergardener
For the Do It Yourself (DIY) Gardener
- Plant Disease Diagnosis – How to go about diagnosing plant problems is extremely important to prevention. Here are some first steps with images. (American Phytopathological Society)
- Diagnose a Problem – Diagnostic tools will help you step through diagnosing a plant problem or identifying a weed or insect (U of Minn Extension)
- OSU Plant Clinic – From the Oregon State Extension, links to information on plant diseases from their trove of educational documents based on evidence reviewed in their plant clinic.
- What’s Wrong With My Tree? – From the Oregon State University, a guide to looking for tree problems in general and in SW Oregon in particular.
- Hortsense (WSU), Pestsense (WSU). Outsmart plant diseases and pesky critters.
- 20 Great Questions all plant doctors should ask their patient (Ohio Univ).
Common diseases for your plants
When looking at plant disease(s) rule out the common things first.
Here are some fact sheets that help you find common plant aliments.
- Disease Fact Sheets for Trees/Shrubs. (Cornell Univ). Select the “Clinic Tab”.
- Disease Fact Sheets for Vegetables. (Cornell Univ). Select the “VegMD Tab”.
- Disease Fact Sheets for Fruits. (Cornell Univ). Select the “Fruit Tab”.
- Disease Fact Sheets caused by Environmental Conditions. (Cornell Univ).