Bugs: Bite Back
- Bug of the Week – U of MD site with
- How do I kill it? – PNW Insect Management Handbook (OSU)
This handbook outlines the control and management of important insect pests in the Pacific Northwest. Written primarily for growers and nursery staff , County Extension agents, consultants, field and nursery staff, Master Gardeners and homeowners may find the information useful. Many of the pesticides listed are available only to licensed applicators. The most appropriate recommendations for Master Gardeners are found in the non-commercial or HOME section of this handbook
- Resource Guide for Organic Control of Insects and Plant Disease (Cornell Univ) – Provides crop management practices and fact sheets of “organic pesticides”.
- HortSense – Home gardener fact sheets for managing plant problems with Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
- Plant Disease and Insect ID – WSU Series of Pest Leaflets
- High Significance Pests for the Western Region
- Select Agents (APHIS) – Fact sheets on commercially important pests
- Bugs: Bad Guys / Good Guys
- Bug ID – WSU Series of Pest Leaflets
- Bug Mugshots – OSU site with good photos and list of beneficials
- Field Guide to IPM in HOPs [PDF]. Large file (5.5 MB) Nice handbook on pests and diseases (particular to HOPS) but helpful in thinking about other diseases. Pocket Guide version is smaller, loads faster, and has great one-page summaries of pests with pictures.