Welcome to the Plants section of the Master Gardeners Foundation Website. Whether you are a beginner gardener or a seasoned pro, we hope this site and the links you find help “fast track” you through the clutter on the web and get you back in the garden faster. Have fun exploring plants in the Pacific Northwest and all the other great sites we found.
- Native Plant Guide (King County) – Featuring plants native to Western Washington and native plant gardening tips.
- Nurseries with Natives – Lists from a group of PNW specialists dedicated to moving native plants and naturescaping into mainstream landscaping practices.
- Great Plant Picks – An educational program of the Elisabeth C. Miller Botanical Garden with recommendations for a comprehensive palette of outstanding plants for the maritime Pacific Northwest.
- OSU Landscape Plants Identification – Information on over 1,800 landscape plants, mostly woodly.
- SelecTree: Right Tree / Right Place – Search by tree name or attributes to avoid future conflicts.
- Arbor Day Foundation Right Tree / Right Place – Learn how to properly site trees within your porperty.
- Plant Information Online – discover sources for plants, citations in science and garden literature, and links to North American seed and nursery firms.
- King County Noxious Weed Control Board – Find the county weed list, why it is necessary to control noxious weeds, and appropriate and effective methods to eradiate or control them.
- Washington State Noxious Weed Control Board – Find the official state list of noxious weeds that landowners may be required to control.
- WSU Plant & Pest Diagnostic eNetwork (PPDEEN)
- Fine Gardening‘s Pronounciation Guide – Hear it Pronounced
- Horticultural Myths (WSU) – Linda ChalkerScott
- WSU – The Informed Gardener – Linda Chalker-Scott’x podcasts
- PNW Weed Management Handbook – Weed Management Handbook (OSU)
- Invasipedia! – Explore information on invasive plants, animals, and pathogens, and especially how to best manage them.
- DIY (Do It Yourself) Diagnosis – Photographic keys to diagnose and solve plant problems (U of MD site).
- Ask Archie – Get expert plant advise for a master gardener.
- “How to” Handouts
- ‘How to” Video
- Plant Dictionary / Images – Plant Dictionary is an indexed system of teaching resources for the discipline of Horticulture and Crop Science.
- Plant Images – Noble Foundation Plant Image Gallery is designed for educators and hobbyist interested in identification of plants commonly found in the southern Great Plains. With over 5,000 images it is worth a look.
- Annual Plants & Flowers
- Perennial Plants & Flowers
- Biennial Plants & Flowers
- Flower Bulbs